Monday, October 14, 2013

Are Nigerians victims of themselves?

 
Many atimes we’ve come across situations in this present dispensation where a Nigerian has had to take a step back, unwillingly of course( you know the average Nigerian) so a citizen of another country is brought to light. And this sad occurrence is mostly seen in the gathering of Africans. 

I have witnessed situations where a qualified Nigerian among other Africans has been cautioned or indirectly asked to be ‘on the low’ so as not to upset a crowd or specific set of people. This line of words ‘ we don’t want them to think its a Nigerian thing or to feel like its only Nigerians that are always chosen’ has become wanton amongst the Nigerians themselves! How is it that we believe it is okay to portray ourselves as smaller than we actually are so people are pleased? Is this a business strategy or just a wrong mindset? 

In short I’d like to say that there are different forms of this sort of victimization.

As I  post this here, I wonder if my beloved readers would take this up as a topic for thought or then again if I’ll need to reassure my non nigerian readers that this is just a controversial topic to prevent offense.

Comment people ( this is just a controversial topic though, lol).Lets hear your view here on Straight Talk Monday!


Email: info.posche@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment