Monday, April 7, 2014

Letting go...


Over the years and from experiences I've always been thankful for all the difficult people and situations in my life and the challenges life places at me, and not forgetting to learn one or two things from them, this is because they have shown me exactly who I do not  want to be. I've always learn from my mistakes because it helps me let go of my past rather than hanging on to it. 

I have learnt that stucking in on the regret of the life you should have had, you end up missing the beauty of what you do have. As long as you are worried about what others think of you, you are owned by them. Only when you require no approval from outside yourself can you own yourself. We must let go of the life we had planned so we can enjoy the life that is waiting for us. Sometimes the paths we take are long and hard, But remember, these paths are often the ones that lead to the most beautiful views. Trust me have been there and I know what am talking about!

We sometimes spend too much time living in the 'what if' and need to learn to live in the 'what is.' Every moment you get is a gift, so spend it on things that matter. Don't spend it by dwelling on unhappy things. We all have time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Others take us forward, they're called dreams and anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them. Holding on to the unchangeable past is a waste of energy, and serves no purpose in creating a better future and  Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future. You cannot erase the past; you must let it go. You cannot change yesterday; you must accept the lessons learned. Expect something good to happen to you today no matter what occurred yesterday because the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let it go. Sometimes you've got to emotionally let go of the things that once meant a lot to you, so you can move beyond the past and the pains they bring you, and open the next chapter in your life. 

I've come to realise that one of the hardest lessons in life is letting go. Whether it's guilt, anger, love, loss, etc. Change is never easy - you fight to hold on, and you fight to let go. Don't let your shoulda's, coulda's and woulda's of yesterday determine your can's and will's of today. Don't allow worry, fear, and doubt to cloud your mind. Fear of what lies ahead can make it tough to let go of a bad relationship, but you must not be afraid to move on and discover how beautiful of a person you really are, and how bright the world really is. 

Stop wasting time regretting what you did a year ago.  I as a person don't  believe in regret, id rather learn from my mistakes than say i regret ever doing something,  living in regrets can draw us back and make us stagnant. Because we are busy regretting the past it makes us divert and not focus on what we want to achieve in d future.  Start doing what you have to do now, so that in a year's time you wont regret what you did today. Be thankful for what you have: very very important, in every situation, always give thanks. I know so many times some of us think why am i here? I dont like my position, im tired etc. well You have no idea how many people would love to have what you've got or would love to be in your shoes.  

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? As you proceed today, I want you to take a deep, deeper breathe and say to yourself, I  am me, and I am living my life without regrets, and I can be who I want to be. I leave you with this word, 'Live your life to the fullest cos YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! 

Have a great day!

Comment, Share and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment