Friday, March 1, 2013

UK-based singer, Adeola Ososami, woos music lovers with her song, "Never Leave "

UK-based Nigerian singer, Deola, is steadily entrenching her dream to establish herself in the rosy music industry of her fatherland. The artiste who trained as a dentist is currently in Nigeria promoting her new songs, including Never Leave.

If she eventually strikes gold, her story would remind followers of the industry of a few other returnee acts who have accordingly made impact. Among such are D’Banj, Don Jazzy and the late Goldie.

Deola’s full name is Adeola Ososami. Unlike many of her colleagues, she does not fancy any lousy or wild stage name or alias. So, she is satisfied with ‘Deola’. While her songs, however, straddle romance and the inspirational, her style accommodates cultural elements as evident in the fact that she combines Yoruba with English in her rendition. She says she has been making music since she was 10 years old.

She traces her root, “I was born in Nigeria long ago and I spent about seven years in Nigeria and I went to UK. I used to come back to Nigeria when I was younger and after a while many members of my family also went to UK. I love music so much and I also love dentistry. I Love singing and songwriting. I did not want study music in university; I did a music course for a year before I started my degree. The practical aspect is not as much as you expect it to be.

Her album, which is due to be out this month, contains 10 tracks, one of them remixed. She believes that the Nigerian music scene is on a high beat now, but that she is bringing in stuffs that people will really love.

“My music is distinct. I think we have worked hard to produce what Nigerians will love. There are traces of afro beat in my music. I think one of the things that make me unique is the fact that I try to blend different styles of music. All my songs will definitely have that afrobeat edge and style to it. I like to sing in a mixture of English and Yoruba most of the time but once every while, there might be a song that is fully English. Definitely, I am trying to give a nice,” she says.

Her producer, Dr Moo, also thinks highly of the album and the industry. Dr Moo (Moodini) has produced other artistes that include Mic Righteous, Dr Rotten and Maxsta.

No comments:

Post a Comment