Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Book Review Wednesday: Woman thou art loosed T.D. Jakes

Was going to add this to the last post on Sunday, but decided to separate them, i just love this part of TD Jakes, Woman thou art loosed, as I find it so interesting.


To the person you marry, you are saying,"when am old and when my time comes to leave this world, and the chilly wind of eternity blows away my birthdays, and my future stands cold and dark in the night, it's your face I want to kiss good-bye. It is your hand I want to squeeze as I slip from time into eternity. As the curtain closes on all I have attempted to do and be, I want to look into your eyes and see that I mattered. Not what I looked like. Not what I did or how much money I made. Not how talented I was. I want to look into the teary eyes of someone who loves me and see- I MATTERED!"

If you are looking for someone to be your everything, don't look around, look up! God is the only One who can be everything. By expecting perfection from the flesh, you ask more out of someone else than you are able to provide yourself. To be married is to have a partner- someone who can look up with you. That's the real thing!

Like a suede jacket, the imperfection of your marriage adds to its uniqueness. It is mixing of good days, sad days, and all the challenges of life. 

A truly good relationship is a spicy meal served on a shaky table, filled with dreams and pain and tender moments. Moments that, in those split second flashbacks, make you smile secret smiles in the middle of the day. Moments so strong they never die, yet so fragile they vanish like bubbles in a glass.

Woman Thou Art Loosed Edition is the Bible for women who faces who have struggled to overcome traumas, tragedies, and disappointments, leading them to cleanse their hearts and souls and develop a better relationship with God. It addresses emotional and spiritual issues from a biblical perspective and offers encouragement. 

Cherish the moments...every one of them. Lift the glass and drink deeply of life. If you can look back and catch a few of those moments, or trace a smile back to a memory, you are blessed. You could have been anywhere doing anything, but instead the Maitre d' seated you at a table for two!

Take a seat and read the book, it comes in 40 days devotional which you can find on amazon books store online!

T. D. Jakes, Bishop T. D. Jakes was born and raised in Charleston, West Virginia. He received a Doctorate of Ministry and was the founder and senior pastor of the Temple of Faith Ministries in Charleston for sixteen years. He relocated with T. D. Jakes Ministries, in 1996, to Dallas, Texas. Bishop Jakes is also the CEO for T. D. Jakes Ministries and has promoted hundreds of conferences across the country. He is the author of the bestsellers "Woman, Thou Art Loosed!," "Naked And Not Ashamed," "Can You Stand To Be Blessed," "Daddy Loves His Girls," "The Harvest," and "Loose That Man And Let Him Go." He serves on the board of directors and as a contributing writer for several religious magazines. He also has a weekly television broadcast called Get Ready with T. D. Jakes, which is aired in several countries throughout the world, and Bishop Jakes was named one of the nation's most influential ministers by The New York Times.



Comment, Share and Like!




No comments:

Post a Comment